Friday, September 4, 2009

Pilot Post

Well, Felix (the Blazer) is packed to the brim, gassed up, and ready to go - and so are we! Mom and I are very excited to hit the road tomorrow for Southern California by way of Nashville, Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, and the Grand Canyon. I'll do my absolute best to document the journey here (as well as via Twitter), and then I'll try to keep posting upon arrival in order to keep everyone back in NC as connected as possible. Mom is keeping a blog as well so you can catch her perspectives on the trip also!

I'm going to miss everyone a lot but I should be home for Christmas if not before! The rest of tonight will be spent visiting with Brett, Arienne (they brought us dinner - thanks y'all!), and Earl; finishing up any packing; and hopefully catching some good Zs in anticipation of an early departure tomorrow. The itinerary includes a 7AM departure from Raleigh, heading west on I-40, (hopefully) meeting with Maddie in Greensboro for some coffee, and then getting on down to Nashville by mid-afternoon. We'll be staying with Mom's cousin Janis, and I'm looking forward to seeing what "Nashvegas" has to offer!

California, here I come!

Song of the Day: "Be Calm" by fun.
Distance Driven Today: 0 miles
Total Distance Driven: 0 miles
Distance to Go: 2,715 miles




Huge "thanks" go out to Dad for helping me pack (we rigged up a sweet in-the-car surfboard rack) and to Mom for helping organize the details of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment