Wednesday, September 23, 2009

On the Eve of Graduate School

Sort of.

Classes start tomorrow on campus, though technically not for me. It's worked out that I only have class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, though I do have to be on campus Tuesday and Thursday for the class that I'm TA-ing. So, tomorrow is the first day in that respect, as I'll be introducing myself to the 100 or so undergraduates who are taking Dr. Van Den Einde's section of SE101A, Statics.

So far this week I've attended two days of orientation and training for Teaching Assistants, as well as Structural Engineering departmental orientation and welcome events, all while still finding time to go to the beach - imagine that. I'll take my camera down there next time I go so I can snap some photos for you all so you'll know where I've been spending my time. Actually, something quite fun I've found, is that there's a large rock in the surf that you can dive off of (don't worry, the water is 8+ feet deep around it) when the tide is right. It's fun!

Everything is going very smoothly and I think that's partially to blame for not having much to write about recently. Perhaps more to come tomorrow once I can say more about this whole graduate school thing!

Late-day sun looking toward the ocean one street down.

A Tesla Roadster parked up the street from the house - sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment