Thursday, May 5, 2011

Renewal

It took a lot of energy to keep this thing going, once upon a time, with regular narratives providing updates about my life. That kind of writing style wears on you, having to recap days, weeks, months of goings-on, and for what real benefit? I found that the narrative wasn't enough on its own, since it was really just a framework for all the emotions that trickled in between without actually exposing those feelings. So I stopped writing for a number of reasons: it was too much work, not gratifying in the way I'd hoped, and seemingly unimportant to fit detailing the day-to-day into the day-to-day.

This is me saying that I'm not going to pick back up where I left off.

I'd rather use this space for the things that I find more important than the daily narrative, the things that make me think, laugh, cry, or just help me through. So, that being said, you might get a picture, a YouTube video, or a news article. Who knows what I'll find, but it's sure to be important to me if it ends up here.

I came here wanting to post a list of songs I've thrown together as a good playlist for catharsis at the end of a long day. They're mostly on the sad to somber side of things but I'm unapologetic for keeping practiced in feeling a range of emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment